About Us

History and future

From the workshop of master glassmakers, today we are a reality counting more than 2,000 people exporting its products all over the world

Choose year

1825

The Bormioli family moves from Altare (Savona) to Fidenza (Parma) where the first glassworks is established

1854

After the acquisition of the Reale Fabbrica delle Maioliche e del Vetro (The Royal Majolica and Glass Manufacturer) in Parma, the Bormioli family transforms it into Vetreria F.lli Bormioli (Bormioli Brothers Glassworks) and, later on, into Vetreria Bormioli Rocco e Figlio (Bormioli Rocco and Son Glassworks)

1903

Our staff already counts 100 members and we move to Via S. Leonardo in Parma

1911

We are up to 300 staff members and we begin to produce food containers

1915-18

World War I

Producing glass to contain and transport medicines and food requires a great effort on the part of the glassworks. Bormioli Rocco expands

1927

The Fidenza Vetraria (Fidenza Glassworks) is established. It will be later acquired by Bormioli Rocco only to become their most important factory

1933

The modernizing years with the first automations and the introduction of the first tank furnaces

1944

The Parma factory is hit heavily by the bombings

1948

More modernizing of equipment with semi-automatic machines

1950-60

After the destruction, a grand stimulus with the Marshall Plan

1954-55

The first IS machine is purchased in the United States

1960

The first machines for tempered products are manufactured

1970

The process of welding stems to glasses is fine tuned and the quadruple-drop production begins for pharmaceutical bottles

1972

The first big advertizing campaign

1976

Quattro Stagioni

In the photo, Pierluigi Bormioli with the first prototype.
An icon that will make history is born: the first jar for domestic use suitable for pasteurization

1980

Bormioli Rocco enters into the plastic primary packaging sector for the pharmaceutical industry

1998

The technology that permits the production of fine ‘pulled stem’ glasses is developed

2005

Delta is created; a highly innovative technology gives life to the line of bottles made of Borosilicate glass for drugs for parenteral administration

2011

The Vision Capital private equity fund becomes the sole shareholder of Bormioli Rocco

2013

The Group acquires the Neuborglass company, whose core business is the manufacture of glass tubes for the pharmaceutical industry

2014

The Glassblock project begins in the Spanish manufacturing plant; the production of glass bricks for the construction industry begins

2015

The Group focuses its structure on the Casa and Pharma Business Units

2016

We are the future